It’s not often that my husband laughs at emails that have been forwarded to him, so when I heard him cracking up one morning and asked him what was so funny, he sent me the following church bulletins. And apparently? These really appeared on billboards and church newsletters. 😀
1. The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
2. The sermon this morning: ‘Jesus Walks on the Water.’ The sermon tonight: ‘Searching for Jesus.’
3. Ladies, don’t forget the rummage sale. It’s a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
4. For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
5. Miss Charlene Mason sang ‘I will not pass this way again,’ giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
6. Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
7. At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be ‘What Is Hell?’ Come early and listen to our choir practice.
8. Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
9. Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
10. The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
11. This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
12. Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B. S. Is done.
13. Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church Please use large double door at the side entrance.
What was your favorite?
tags: thursday thirteen
More from Write From Karen