We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want. Write about it on your blog… simple as that. Maybe you can interpret it as a picture – we don’t care!
1. Why do they ask you to get on the plane? Shouldn’t you get in it? When was your last flight?
2. Why do they call two planes getting too close a near miss? Shouldn’t it be a near hit? Have you ever been on a plane that was in trouble?
Yes. It was one of my very first flights (naturally). Kevin and I were coming home from a cruise (we really don’t cruise that often – in fact, we’ve only been twice) from our tenth-year anniversary trip and we were on a little plane flying from St. Louis to Springfield.
We reached Springfield and had to circle around several times because the landing gear wouldn’t come down. One of the flight attendants had to open a trap door, in the floor and right next to where I was sitting and HAND CRANK the sucker down.
Yeah. That was one wild ride.
3. If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap? What have you done when your child sweared?
Um. Blushed? I’m about 99% certain that my kids learned curse words from none other than ME. Um. I sort of curse, a lot. Well, actually, before you go and think badly of me, I go in spurts. I can go for MONTHS without one curse word and then *POW*, it’s like I’m channeling a sailor or something. It gets pretty bad.
So bad, in fact, that my boys actually have to ask me to stop cursing.
So when they curse? I just give them a dirty look and say something along the lines of, “Hey now. Watch the language.” Other than that? What can I do? It’s like calling the kettle black.
4. How about a restaurant for anorexics? What would you call it? The Empty Plate? When was the last time you went out to a fancy restaurant?
Uh ………………. I honestly don’t remember. I hate spending money on food, especially “fancy” food, so we avoid fancy restaurants at all costs.
HOWEVER, our 20th anniversary is coming up next month so I’m betting we bite the bullet and actually go to one.
5. Where do forest rangers go to ‘get away from it all’? What do you do to get away from it all?
I grab a book. It’s cheap and effective. 🙂
6. Why do people who know the least know it the loudest? What do you do to get a know-it-all to shut up?
Prove him/her wrong. Know-it-alls are usually blow hards, meaning, they bluff their way through life and most times have no idea what they’re talking about. It’s pretty easy to trip them up, it’s even more entertaining to see them try and recover.
(Yes I know – I’m mean).
7. If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong? Men: does your woman (or most recent) think that you are always wrong? Women: Do you believe that men are always wrong?
Always wrong? No. Usually wrong? Yes. 😀
8. If a turtle loses his shell, is it naked or homeless? Tell us about a time when you were caught naked.
Uh … never? I have been known to walk by a window or two in just my underwear though.
That can’t be proven of course *cough*, but I believe it’s been rumored a time or two.
9. Would a fly that loses it wings be called a walk? How badly do flies annoy you?
On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst? A 17.
NOTHING annoys me more than trying to go to sleep and having a disoriented fly buzz by me a gazillon times getting so close that I can feel the tickle of it’s wings against my cheeks.
Flies must die.
10. Why do they report power outages on TV? When was the last time that you went without power?
Voluntarily? Because I’ll be honest. I’m not a green-sort of person – I like my modern conveniences, the least of them being electricity.
The last time I remember losing electricity was during an ice storm in 2007. We were without electricity for ELEVEN days.
I was Laura-freakin’-Ingalls.
It was not a fun experience, let me tell you.
11. If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat? Have you ever been or considered to be a vegetarian?
Actually, I could probably easily become a vegetarian. I’m not a big meat lover, though I do enjoy chicken and fish.
I could probably adopt the lifestyle – but I live with three guys who REQUIRE meat and potatoes at every meal, so I don’t see that happening any time soon.
12. If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent? Tell us about a time when either you were arrested or came close.
Well………………… there was that time I was nearly arrested for shop lifting. Luckily, I was able to sweet talk my way out of it (and forced to promise to go out with the officer’s brother).
What did I try and shop lift?
Nothing. I’m totally scamming you. *grin*
13. Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food? Have you ever owned a cat?
We did. When Kevin and I lived in our apartment, we had a kitten. Her name was Roxy. And things were good, until Kevin got a wild hair up his butt and thought it would be funny to spin her round and round really fast on the kitchen floor and it was if her sweet personality was jarred loose releasing a feline from hell in it’s place.
She was MEAN after that. She would claw our furniture and hiss at us. We finally had to give her up.
Kevin is really not mean and I bring the Roxy story up to him ALL the time, so trust me when I say, he is sorry and he’s been punished a lot over the years.