1. Your relationship with your children is more important than your relationship with your spouse.
2. You refuse to compromise. It’s your way or the divorce court.
3. You constantly brush off your spouse’s sexual advances because you are “not in the mood.” You do not look into ways to get yourself in the mood. Thus, you can’t remember the last time you had sex.
4. You let yourself go. You no longer take steps to make yourself sexy and desirable for your spouse. Sometimes, you don’t even brush your teeth or bother to make sure you don’t have B.O.
5. You refuse to give your husband the “atta boy” for doing mundane things like emptying the dishwasher simply because he never gives you an “atta girl” for doing the same thing.
6. You never tell your wife that she’s sexy, beautiful or hot, simply because she never thanks you for emptying the dishwasher.
7. You only hug your wife or grab her rear when you want to get busy. You never do it just to make her feel good.
8. You belittle your spouse in front of other people.
9. You refuse to give your spouse a second chance. You hold every single indiscretion against him for eternity, no matter how many times he’s said, “I’m sorry” and no matter how successfully he’s changed his behavior.
10. You only practice random acts of kindness with strangers. You don’t do it for your spouse.
11. You can’t bring yourself to say, “I’m sorry” even though you know you were wrong.
12. You make fights with your spouse about “who is right” rather than about “how can we fix this.”
13. You don’t take turns reaching each other’s dreams. You think your spouse is there to support you and not the other way around.
Visit the new Thursday 13 hub for more TT participants.
And speaking of marriage …
Beginning Sunday, May 17th, I’d like to post the first 10 challenges (one challenge a day for 10 days) from the Love Dare book for you to sample and even try, if you’re brave enough (why yes, that IS a challenge!!).
And I’d like to giveaway one (possibly two, depending on demand) Love Dare book and one Fireproof DVD in the process.
All you have to do is comment on the current day’s challenge. That’s it. And if you actually TRY it, then your comment will be worth two tickets instead of one.
I’m doing this because I truly believe in the message behind the challenge and the movie. It’s time we shifted our focus, renewed our minds and worked toward healing our marriages – not ending them.
I hope you’ll consider joining me. I too will be trying these challenges out on my husband and I’ll let you know my results.