1. I now have a new way to cook a turkey thanks to my sister-in-law. Are you ready for this?
Upside down. I KNOW! How radical is this?! But here’s what she discovered – cooking the turkey with breast side down forces all of the juices to pool at the breasts and makes them juicy and tender. In addition, the legs and wings just fall off, so that eliminates the whole carving ritual. (Unless you LIKE the whole carving ritual, which, if so, forget I said anything).
And yes, we’re going to try this in the next several weeks because HELLO?! December is turkey month! (Well, not officially, but it is if I say it is! *grin*)
2. RSS Readers, there’s a new Christmas theme at my blog, if you’re interested. Just a little fun and whimsy for the holidays. I’m currently working on a new design for the upcoming year – that one will go live January 1st (which is also my blog anniversary! FIVE years! w00t!)
3. I ordered the Barlow Girl Christmas album. I ADORE these girls (Christian rock group) and I can’t wait to hear them sing some Christmas songs. I’ll post a few of them for the “Christmas Song a Day” thing I’m starting tomorrow!
Here’s a cute little video about how the girls kept having all sorts of problems while trying to record their next album. Think Satan was trying to prevent them from moving forward?
Vodpod videos no longer available.
(RSS readers, you’ll have to click over to see the video. Sorry!)
I’m glad to see, he was not successful.
Here’s one of my favorite songs by them – actually, it’s one of my all-time top 10 songs EVER.
4. By the way, you knew I was giving a copy of the Pioneer Woman’s Cookbook away, right? ‘Kay, just checking.
And we wonder why our kids grow up to be disturbed. CLUE!
6. A very short, eye-opening story on abortion.
It makes you think.
7. I was very excited to read this:
Carina Press is now accepting submissions for our digital publishing line.
Our mission is to connect readers with authors who write the stories they want to read. We will be introducing the bestsellers of tomorrow.
Carina Press will feature books from talented authors in all genres of romance, erotica, science fiction, fantasy, horror, mystery, women’s fiction, and more. If the book of your heart fits into a niche that has very little shelf space in a traditional bookstore, Carina Press is eager to read and potentially publish your story.
This sounds like something RIGHT up my alley. I plan on submitting something to them sometime in 2010.
Please hold me to that.
8. Will you be signing the Manhattan Declaration?
In essence, it’s a pledge to stop compromising Christian values, curb political correctness (because it’s killing our country) and to get back to core Christian values that helped build our great country.
Personally, I don’t feel it’s necessary to formally sign something like this. I’ve already made the commitment to publicly denounce the political crap that is taking place in our country right now.
The lines have been crossed, people have pushed us too far – enough is enough.