(Not for the squeamish)
1. Feared I would never see my sister again when she got lost at an amusement park (she was like five!)
2. While sewing, accidentally got too close to the needle and stuck it through my middle finger (punched a perfect hole through my bone – it took five nurses to hold me down while they jerked it out. – it was more painful than childbirth)
3. Sliced the heel of my foot with a can lid (in the trash bag, on the floor, I simply stepped back and well, you get the picture)
4. Nearly sliced a big chunk of skin off my knuckle while washing a glass (the glass busted on my hand)
5. Fell out of my car (while driving), went skidding across a busy intersection in front of traffic on a busy Friday afternoon (this was on my 19th birthday). My sunglasses disintegrated on my face and sliced the skin on my forehead down to the bone – had to have those big ugly, thick, black stitches, I looked like Frankenstein for weeks. I have an ugly three-inch scar to remind me to WEAR MY SEATBELT! (remind me to tell this story sometime).
6. Smashed my pinky in a folding chair while on my honeymoon – lost the fingernail entirely a few days later.
7. Gave birth to my oldest son eight weeks early, no explanation, it just happened and didn’t know if my little guy would survive or not. He was born on my husband’s birthday. (Little stinker. lol)
8. Lost a few years off my life when my second son was born and they couldn’t get him to breathe.
9. Witnessed my oldest son fall and bust his lip on the edge of the chair. It bled a lot but we didn’t take him to the emergency room for stitches. He has a pretty big bump there now and I blame myself for making the wrong decision.
10. Nearly lost my mind when my youngest son had an asthma attack and literally couldn’t breathe because he was coughing so badly. To top it off, his pediatrician wouldn’t see him because he didn’t have an appointment. I had to take him to a walk-in clinic.
11. Lost my youngest, ON HIS BITHDAY, DURING HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY, and couldn’t find him for fifteen minutes. He had wandered down to a neighbor’s house – she brought him back to me.
12. Had a head-on collision with a woman who turned in front of me. I had JUST settled my youngest in the passenger side seat and buckled him in (he was very whiny, about three, and to quiet him, I told him he could sit up front with me – it was an older car, no air bag) when seconds later we crashed. If it had happened moments earlier, my youngest would have been thrown through the windshield.
13. Fell off a six-foot ladder, from the very top, while changing the marquee in front of Wendy’s on a Friday afternoon. Didn’t go to the hospital until I started peeing blood. Had to have SEVEN enemas before they could x-ray my kidneys to see what kind of damage had been done – they were merely bruised.