I’m feeling crafty today, you?
Great! Here’s a fun craft to keep the kiddies busy today:
Boogie Monsters (Okay, I confess, this craft caught my attention because of the boogie/booger reference. I’m shallow – I know this. 😀 )
These zany desktop dancers have the “cents” to stand on their own two feet.
3 (12-inch) pipe cleaners
2 medium pom-poms (ours were 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
2 googly eyes
2 penny-size buttons
Time needed: About 1 Hour
1. Glue a 7-inch length of pipe cleaner between the pom-poms for arms. Let the glue dry.
2. For legs, fold a 9-inch pipe cleaner length in half and glue the fold to the bottom of the lower pom-pom.
3. Attach each googly eye to a small felt circle, then glue the eyes, felt ears, and a tiny pom-pom nose to the face.
4. For each horn, coil a 4-inch pipe cleaner length around the skewer, then glue the horn onto the head. Fold the ends of each arm to form hands. Glue the feather tail in place.
5. Add a foot to each leg by using a small ball of poster tack to sandwich each end between a button and a penny, as shown.