All you have to do is answer the questions below either in the comment section, or on your blog. And elaborate! Make these questions show your unique and special personalities. This meme entry will post at 12:01 every Monday morning and will be the first postentry listed on WFK all
day Monday morning. (This is an all-day Monday meme, so please, play all day!)
June 23rd Questions:
1. What are your children doing right now? If you don’t have children, what is your significant other/roommate/friend, etc. doing right now?
2. How many times a day do you look in a mirror? And be honest with us! WHY do you look? Is it a habit? Do you think you’re attractive? If you avoid looking into a mirror, why? Be honest with yourself!
3. What do you do/eat/say that makes your mother mentally cringe? What do your children/significant other do that makes YOU cringe?
4. Which do you focus on more, eating less or exercising more? Do you think one is more important than the other? Do you have a weight loss system that works for you? How much exercise would you say you do in a day? A week? How active (overall) is your family? What sort of physical activities does your family like to do together?
1. Right this very moment, MK is playing Mario Kart on the Wii and GD is designing some sort of monster thing for a new program he downloaded. The husband is due home any minute (this was written Wednesday evening – yes! I’m THAT organized *grin*) and we’re getting ready to sit down for dinner and have baked pepperoni spaghetti. (I just checked with GD, the program he’s using is called “SPORE – Creature Creator” and is BY the creators of The Sims. It sounds weird, but he’s sure having a good time with it).
2. We have a mirror at the end of our hallway, so I look at myself every time I walk down the hallway (which is about a million times a day because the bathrooms are down the hallway and I drink so much coffee I … well, let’s just say I tinkle – a lot). Other than that? I do have a habit of glancing in a mirror every time I pass one. Not because I think I’m gorgeous, but to make sure I don’t have anything in my teeth or sticking to my shirt because I’m sort of NOTORIOUS for wearing my food. *ahem*
3. I, um, sort of have a potty mouth. In fact, it makes the hubs mad and my kids feel compelled to ask me to clean my language up, sometimes. I’m not proud of this fact, but I am aware of it and try my best to curb my tongue. The thing is, I have a hot, quick temper and spewing curse words is my way of releasing that pent-up energy. I’m not making excuses, but I am being honest.
GD has a habit of making the weirdest, off-the-wall expressions at the strangest, most inappropriate times. It always catches me off guard and after my initial chuckle, I cringe because it sort of embarrasses me that he can screw his face up like that, lol.
MK has the craziest run I’ve ever seen – he holds his arms out like a video game character and I’m constantly having to pull him aside and say, “Reality check, mister! Real people don’t run like that. Pull your arms in next time.”
The hubs has this annoying habit of repeating everything I say but in question form. “I need to go to the store.” I say. “You need to go to the store?” he says. Didn’t I just say that? AARGH!
4. If I had to choose, I’d say exercising is more important but quite honestly, I think both are pretty important. It won’t do you any good to exercise your butt off if you’re eating Krispy Kreme donuts four times a week (NOT that I do that or anything *ahem*). I maintain my weight by watching what I eat and the QUANTITIES I eat. If my clothes are starting to fit tighter, I cut back on my portions and cut out the junk/sweet foods. I am pretty diligent about walking on my treadmill, but I’m weird – I’d rather walk on my treadmill and watch a movie as opposed to parking my expanding butt on a couch cushion. I usually walk about four (sometimes five) times a week and walk 90 minutes and/or six miles each time. It sounds like a lot, but it goes pretty fast when you’re watching a movie. I also do Turbo Jam about three times a week, too. (HIGHLY recommend Turbo Jam).
Our family is pretty active, though we don’t really DO anything special. The kids and I go swimming a lot and we go through spurts where we play tennis and go bike riding on the trails. We’re also pretty anal about eating right so I’d say overall, my family is pretty healthy.