The class I took really took the wind out of my sails. But now that it’s over, it’s full steam ahead on my reading pile.
Here’s a quick wrap-up from the books I read in April:
1. FIVE STARS: Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover
Story about mistakes and forgiveness. A little far fetched but touching. Cried like a baby at the end.
2. FIVE STARS: Blind Conviction by Michael Stagg
A good courtroom mystery, believable until the bad guy was revealed.
3. FOUR STARS: Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score
Cute but Knox’s hesitation over being with Naomi was stupid and dragged out way too long.
4. FOUR STARS: Unmissing: A Thriller by Minka Kent
Woman kidnapped and imprisoned for ten years comes back to get old life back – great twist.
5. FOUR STARS: Edge of Darkness: A Post-Apcoalyptic EMP Survival Thriller by Kyla Stone
Master of suspense – several story lines at once but not confusing, a lot of tension.
FAVORITE BOOK FOR APRIL:
Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover.
Honestly folks, you can’t go wrong with any of Hoover’s books. She’s pretty good.
You can tell which book I’m currently reading by the Goodreads widget in the sidebar.
I’m all about Kindle e-books. I’m a hard core e-book reader. I haven’t read an actual book in quite a long time and I find that when I hold an actual book, it feels large and clunky. I much prefer my Kindle e-reader than an actual book. With that said, I get all of my books from Kindle Unlimited – I rarely, if ever, spend money on a book – it all goes into the $10 dollars a month I pay for Kindle Unlimited.
So, if you’re interested in reading lesser known authors and want to save a ton of money in books, join me!
I rarely read anything lower than a four-star review on Goodreads – I’ve come to trust the reviews of Goodreads readers. I stopped reading for a long time simply because every book I read was stupid, or disappointing and ultimately, a waste of time. (I feel the same with movies – haven’t watched movies, or TV, in about a year). I’ve had great luck sticking to this philosophy and most of the books I read are pretty good.
You can see my book ratings on my Goodreads account.
I have currently read 18 books out of 55.
Moving on, here is my May TBR stack:
- Write My Name Across the Sky by Barbara O’Neal
- Misjudged: A Legal Thriller (Sam Johnstone Book 1) by James Chandler
- The Locked Door by Freida McFadden
- The Pawn and The Puppet (The Pawn and The Puppet series Book 1) by Brandi Elise Szeker
- Sea Storm: A Thriller (Underwater Investigation Unit Book 3) by Andrew Mayne