The 100 (+) Things About Me … thing … that everyone seems to be doing nowadays is something I’ve put off doing for a long time, not because I have anything to hide, per se, but because I’m simply not that interesting. But heck, I’ve been blogging since January 2005, perhaps it’s time to lay my cards on the table …
I also have another page if you can stomach any more About Me. Proceed with caution.
In addition, I took a quiz that exactly sums up who I am and why I am the way I am. Proceed with caution.
1. I was born in November, 1965.
2. Which makes me a Scorpio.
3. And trust me, I sting people.
4. But I don’t believe in astrology.
5. I’ve been in several accidents.
6. Most of them my fault.
7. I sewed a needle into my finger in middle school.
8. I stepped on a can lid and sliced my heel open.
9. I’ve shattered a glass and gouged my finger while washing it.
10. I fell off a ladder.
11. And bruised my kidneys.
12. I had to have seven enemas so they could inject dye into my kidneys and check for internal damage.
13. There was none, thank God.
14. I fell out of my car.
15. While driving it.
16. My sunglasses shattered on my face.
17. I broke my nose.
18. I had two black eyes.
19. And a huge gash in my forehead that took 25 stitches to close.
20. I have a scar, but it’s barely noticeable, thanks to the amazing emergency room doctor who sewed me back up.
21. I lived with three other girls.
22. Our apartment was party central. (Think Sex in the City sort of girls)
23. I’ve had a few one-night stands.
24. I’ve smoked pot.
25. I used to own a bong.
26. I was a manager at Wendy’s for seven years.
27. I was a teller at a bank for seven years.
28. I worked in the cash office at Wal-Mart for seven years.
29. My husband and I nearly split at seven years of marriage.
30. Apparently, I have a seven year itch.
31. I need to stop scratching it.
32. My first car was a ’72 silver Monte Carlo.
33. It looked hot, but was a piece of crap.
34. I owned a dark green Mercury Capri.
35. I owned a white Nissan Sentra.
36. I drove a Dodge Grand Caravan white/woodgrain van for a few years until someone hit me and totaled it.
37. I’ve been married since 1990.
38. We paid for our wedding by using a student loan.
39. We honeymooned in Cozumel, Mexico.
40. It was my first time out of Missouri.
41. It was my first time out of the country.
42. I totally freaked out and cried.
43. My first son was born in 1992.
44. He was eight weeks premature.
45. He was in NICU for six weeks.
46. We rented our first house.
47. We bought our second house.
48. We’re still here.
49. We have no intention of moving.
50. My second son was born in 1995.
51. He was two days early.
52. He had a huge head.
53. He was not the prettiest baby.
54. But one of the cutest toddlers I’ve ever seen.
55. My oldest son has brown hair and dark brown eyes.
56. My youngest son has blonde hair and blue eyes.
57. Yes, they have the same father.
58. My great-great grandmother was a full-blooded Cherokee Indian.
59. My crooked nose most likely comes from that heritage.
60. I’m very proud of my crooked nose.
61. I started college in 1995.
62. I finally graduated in 2003.
63. I have a Bachelor of Science in Professional Writing.
64. I wanted to major Creative Writing, but my husband talked me out of it.
65. My first website was an accident.
66. I volunteered to take over my sons’ elementary school website.
67. Word spread and I’m currently maintaining seven school websites.
68. I LOVE MY JOB!
69. I want to start selling blog templates.
70. I want to design my own blog theme.
71. This requires a thorough knowledge of php.
72. Which I know nothing about.
73. But I’m working on it.
74. I currently drive a silver ’08 Pontiac Vibe.
75. I forgot to mention that I drove a maroon Ford Escape for seven years.
76. I love coffee.
77. I love chocolate.
78. Neither likes me too well.
79. But I don’t care – it’s worth the pain.
80. I hate seafood.
81. I love chicken.
82. I could easily be a vegan.
83. Red meat makes me gag sometimes.
84. I have a hot temper.
85. I also cool off fairly fast.
86. Unless it’s serious,
87. Then I hold a grudge.
88. For a long time.
89. I like my in-laws.
90. I have 12 nieces and nephews.
91. I love walking on my treadmill.
92. I watch movies while walking.
93. I hate to write.
94. But I feel compelled to do it.
95. I never know what I’m going to write,
96. Until I start writing.
97. My goal is to publish a novel.
98. But if I don’t, I’m okay with that.
99. I will leave my mark on the world.
100. One way or another.